Tuesday 19 April 2011

And today has been...



This happens a lot. 
You ask someone how their day has been and it's common to hear that that someone is having a blah day. 
What is this "blah"?
Well, this word is probably not defined in the Oxford Dictionary.
It is not a sound. Definitely not a sound that the black sheep makes. (The rhyme goes: ba ba blacksheep and not blah blah black sheep.)
I wouldn't be surprised if the black sheep did that one day. They could be mutant sheep. They could talk. And turn invisible. We could call them the X-sheep. But could they have a Wolverine? I mean wolf eat sheep. Maybe Wolverine would be the evil mutant sheep...
STOP. THIS IS MAJOR DIGRESSION.
The film would open on sheep grazing on a radio active field...
OK THAT'S IT.
STOP.
GOOD. 
ALRIGHT. Back to my point. 
According to the FT (Note my attempt to make the Fickle Tickle sound like a cool and established brand) blah should not be defined.
In fact, that's the beauty of blah.
Undefined.
Unlimited.
And uncomfortable. 
Yes, very uncomfortable. 
Rarely are you at ease when you are blah.
It's a time when you just want to exist. Not live. But exist. 
To help you understand the reason for the 'blahness' I put down a list of possible causes. It could be just one cause out of that list.
Or it could be a combination of few. Then we would call it 'Super blahness' and you would end up having a super blah day.
If it is a result of all the causes, and I hope for your good health and well being that it is not, you would be experiencing The Ultimate Blahness. If you are exposed to this for too long, it would most certainly cause mental death. Oh my, I'm shuddering as I type. 


Anyways, the first three are physical causes and could be:
A hangover.
PMS. (If you are a girl. Actually, even if you are a guy. No, guys don't bloat or have madly fluctuating hormones to worry about. But they seem to show all the symptoms of an impending monthly crisis.)
Dehydrated. (Mostly because of your hangover. Ok seriously I should stop with the allusions to alcohol in almost every post. I'm not an alcoholic. I would like to be but I'm not too fond of liver damage.)



The mental causes. (These are more fundamental.) 
Boredom. 
You have seen it all. 
Done it all.
Heard it all.
There is no news.
No breaking news.
No earth shattering news.

No heart breaking news.
No love making news.
No news on the newsfeed.
No new texts.
No new phonecalls.
No news about your ex.
No news about your potential.

Nothing new about your current.
You have refreshed his or her facebook page a million times.
You have refreshed your own page a zillion times.
No new likes.
No new tweets.
No new beats.
No news at all.



Addicted aren't we?  
Always expecting something. 
Always waiting.
Always wondering. 
It's honestly exhausting.

Before I wrote this page,
I checked my phone, my mail, my social networking accounts.
The tv, the radio, the magazines, the newspapers.



And suddenly this wave of ultimate blahness swept over me and I began typing this new post...

2 comments: