Thursday 7 April 2011

Decoding Posers

In case you don't know who a poser is, you will figure it out soon. And surprisingly you will find a lot of them around you. 




Below is a typical example of how a poser might talk at a local bar.
The part in brackets is what he wants to say in all that talk.


Poser: Oh hello,I'm sorry I was late.
(Check out my watch by the way)
Got caught up in a meeting.
(They need me at work) 
But from today I'm on leave. I am going to Mexico!
(Sounds exotic enough? Also i have already updated my status on FB as "Mexico, baby!")
Can't wait to take a break.
(I work a lot. You should know this.)
So what's up with you?
(Lets not make this all about me.)


Friend: I am all set to go trekking on the weekend.


Poser: Really. That's awesome.
(Time to use the most useless and useful word)
Really awesome.
(One more time)
This reminds me of the time I was Jet Skiing in Hawaii.
(Jet ski and Hawaii. Two birds with one stone.)
We were so smashed. I hardly remember a thing.
(But i remember enough to tell you.)
Oops sorry.
(Enter my smartphone. Because I'm smart.)
Hey sweetie..
(My gf/bf/dog)
yup I'll call you back soon.
(Dude, I'm too much in demand.)
We haven't ordered yet. LIIT? Cosmo?
(I do know the names.)
Oh you should try the wines. Hey Santosh, can you get me Sula Late harvest.
(I'm a regular and I know exotic wines not available on the menu)
Thanks santosh.
So where were we?
(What were we talking about me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment