Sunday 7 August 2011

Parents say the darndest things

This is probably one of the funniest true stories I have heard in my life.

My mom's friend once narrated an incident that took place when she was on vacation.
She, her two daughters and her husband were relaxing on the beaches of Thailand when this happened.

Now, as you might be aware, that beaches abroad allow people to tan their whole body.
And I mean their whole body.
To ensure, that they receive an even tan, some ladies prefer to keep just the one part of their swimsuits on.
Which part that is, will be clarified in the next thirty seconds.

The two extremely young daughters, run about the beach completely unaware about the adult female human body. To be fair, they were extremely young. And to be fairer they were girls. Not boys.

After two minutes, they run back to their mother, terrified and traumatized.
"Mom!", they exclaim, "You know, you know..."
Their mother seeing the state they were in was visibly concerned,
"There are ladies on this beach whose lungs have fallen out!"

My mom's friend took a few seconds to understand the problem. Or actually to figure out how to explain what those lungs actually were.

But her husband came to her rescue immediately.
Lovingly he told them,"Girls, next time you see such women, just come to me and tell me where they are. I'll go help them out.".

Yes, there is one thing better than concerned and loving parents.
Parents with a great sense of humor.





.

4 comments:

  1. Neelie- you realize this is WHOLE-HEARTED plagiarism :p Not to mention you've added your own phodni to the story.
    That's it--No more dinner-table conversation fodder being provided by the Shevdes for the Chikhlikars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @N: This would be plagiarism if I had claimed it to be my family's story or that it was created in the wonderful corners of my imagination. However, a simple writer like myself, is just not capable of such awesomeness. N, your family and you have truly given a gift to the world and the phodni (which is more like grated coconut in the Chikhlikar's kitchen) was just part of the packaging.
    But thank you to the Shevdes.

    ReplyDelete